An original hand colored etching by German painter and etcher, Ernst Geissendorfer. This piece was created between 1950-1970 and depicts a beautiful rendition of a scene on an empty street outside a clock tower in Rothemburg, Germany. This item is in excellent condition, it is signed ‘E. Geissendorfer’ and titled ‘Rothemburg...’ (Illegible) in pencil on the bottom margin of the print, and is professionally framed with a beige mat in a gold painted wooden frame.
Ernst Geissendorfer (1908-1993) was a twentieth century German painter and etcher. He studied art techniques in Nuremberg. In the decade of the 1930's he travelled and worked extensively, both in Europe and the United States. At the end of the Second World War (1945), Geissendorfer returned to live in Rothenburg and assumed control of the family art gallery there. Besides creating many fine works of art, Ernst Geissendorfer served as Town Councillor of Rothenburg during the 1960's. Before World War Two, Ernst Geissendorfer usually produced small, uncoloured etchings. After 1950, however, he created much larger etchings to which he applied hand-colouring.
Our Price: $995.00
Specifications of Artwork
|Title:||"Rothemburg Clock Tower"|
|Medium:||Hand Colored Etching|
|Size/Dimensions:||6.25'' x 4''|
|Size/Dimensions with frame:||12'' x 9.75''|
|Date of creation:||1950s|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
. Bank Wire is accepted for certain Items.
. Item will be shipped immediately on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
Why Buy From Us?
1. We have the largest selection of watches in the world.
2. Over 25,000 pieces in our collection! In business over 30 years!
3. Located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tea Room and a block from The Plaza Hotel Trump Tower.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Everything we sell comes with a lifetime guarantee certificate [unless marked final sale], a full free 2-year warranty and a free certified insurance appraisal for our estimated replacement value for insurance purposes.
New York City
Over 100 years of combined experience. We are an appraiser for the Wall Street Journal and many major insurance companies. We have been recommended by Time Out New York as well as a number of radio and TV stations here in New York City. We have over 25,000 watches including both new display and collector's models as well as vintage pieces. We handle all fine artwork, stamps, coins, jewelry, etc. We buy, sell and appraise essentially anything of value.
. Any Item which is not as described can be returned to get a full credit.
. Returns are accepted only if it arrives with in 7-days of Delivery.
200 WEST 57TH ST
NEW YORK, NY 10019
CALL US AT