Signed Cecil B. DeMille Letter from the Filming of "The Greatest Show on Earth" to the Chairman of the Nominating Committee of the Holland Society of New York. Dated February 6, 1951.
This original rare signed letter from famous director Cecil B. DeMille to Mr. P.R. Haulenbeek is in reference to a Vice President nomination for the Holland Society of New York. The letter was written during the production of Cecil B. DeMille's 1952 Academy Award winning film, The Greatest Show on Earth. As mentioned in the letter, Cecil B. DeMille warns Mr. P.R. Haulenbeek, the Chairman of the Nominating Committee, his production schedule for The Greatest Show on Earth is very busy and if he is chosen to be the Vice President of the Holland Society, he may not be able to fulfill the role's responsibilities. At the time of its production, DeMille was staying with the circus at the quarters of the Ringling Brothers in Sarasota, FL. Cecil B. DeMille is one of the most highly regarded directors in film history. During his prolific directing career, DeMille created one of the highest grossing films of all time, The Ten Commandments. The honorary Cecil B. DeMille Golden Globe Award was created as an homage to his great achievements in the film industry. The letter is in excellent condition with no signs of its age. The document's header features the official Cecil B. DeMille Production Company's seal and is watermarked. There is also a Paramount Pictures stamp on the bottom left. These components add to the document's authenticity. The letter is a fantastic collectors item for any person interested in the film industry.
For an additional $195.00, this piece can be framed to your specifications. Please contact us for more information.
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $9,900.00
Specifications of Letter
|Document Type:||Typewritten Letter signed by Cecil B. DeMille|
|Recipient:||Mr. P.R. Haulenbeek, Chairman of the Nominating Committee for the Holland Society of New York|
|Dimensions/Size:||8.5" x 11" inches|
|Date:||February 6, 1951|
The above item comes with a FREE Certified Insurance Appraisal valued at $20,000.00
Call us at (917) 439 - 9610
regarding any questions you may have regarding the
items you're interested in.
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.