Richard Heinsohn, 'He's Behind You', Time Frames Series
$30K Appraisal Value!
“Time is the most unknown of all unknown things”
-Aristotle, 500 B.C.
“But what is time?”
-Brian Greene, 2004 -New York Times
My work, TIME FRAMES integrates digital photography with painting and the appropriation of cinematic images to create pictures that conjure the sensation of looking simultaneously at various moments in time, or looking through time.
The layers begin within the photos, where some reflection and distortion have been included as part of the photographic process to impart the sensation of looking through a digitally generated veil of atmospheric haze.
One element of particular significance is the image of a lamp with a zigzag shade, which appears in many of the works. This lamp is not part of the appropriated cinematic image, but is actually in the room as the photo is taken and is being reflected from the television screen. The lamp therefore contributes to the digital distortion of light while also appearing connected to the narrative of many of the pictures.
The thickly applied paint in the works conjures notions of lava or a molten substance of a cosmic nature, therefore alluding to a more cosmological time frame and providing a proportional perspective into the nature of what we call “Time”.
Through the additive process of applying thick, viscous paint mixtures as well as other materials such as yarn and burlap, I strategically subtract from the narrative of the photograph, thereby creating a layered visual experience, which unfolds upon further viewing.
This layered visual amalgam speaks to the enigma of time and our inability to define it. Modern theories of quantum mechanics and relativity such as The Wheeler-Dewitt Equation, B-Theory, The Theory of Everything (Stephen Hawking) and Quantum Gravity, all suggest that the unifying of Relativity (gravity) with Quantum mechanics (matter) would render time into an imaginary construct.
Nonetheless, we depend upon time to define our lives and we look upon our past as a means of defining our future. Our entire global civilization is constructed of events that define who we are collectively as a human race.
Looking at various events and social constructs in retrospect has evolved into an innate and inherent means of sociologically navigating our way forward.
In many societies, socio-cultural constructs once considered fully sanctioned and appropriate, like public beheadings, slavery and the oppression of women, have been uniformly condemned and considered barbaric.
In Time Frames the goal is to reify the sensation of the inherent process of retrospection as a means of aesthetically reinforcing this tendency, which has long served our societal growth, and to do so optimistically, given that aspirations toward higher understanding dwell within the vast majority of us all.
This work raises culturally relevant questions about the connections between the nature of time and the unfolding of human sociocultural evolution. The photo-paintings are thusly, contemplative constructs, from which one can view the human condition through the lens of the geologic, the anthropological, the cosmological and the surreal.
-Richard Heinsohn 2020
Specifications of Piece
He's Behind You
|Dimensions/Size:||58" x 84" inches|
|Medium:||Acrylic Gel Polymer on Vinyl Photo on Aluminum Panel|
|Certificate of Authenticity:||
FREE $30,000.00 Certified Insurance Appraisal, and
Certified of Authenticity - Signed by Artist
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.