This extremely rare Set of Photograph of Marilyn Monroe Morning Bed from "The Last Sitting" series by Bert Stern, 1962, features a sleepy Marilyn Monroe posing in bed, playing and flirting with the camera. In 1962, photographer Bert Stern shot a series of photos of Marilyn Monroe that have collectively come to be known as “The Last Sitting.” Taken during several boozy sessions at the Hotel Bel-Air, the photographs are arguably the most famous images ever captured of America’s most famous actress: Monroe, sleepy-eyed and naked, sips from a Champagne glass, enacts a fan dance of sorts with various diaphanous scarves, romps with erotic playfulness on a bed of white linens. Six weeks after she had posed, Monroe was found dead of an apparent barbiturate overdose.
Bert Stern conceived of his ultimate photographic romance with a vivacious woman Marilyn Monroe on his flight to Rome in the spring of 1962. He was at the height of his success, eagerly sought after by art directors and fashion editors, and able to gain access to nearly any celebrity- so why not America’s leading sex symbol, Marilyn Monroe. Bert Stern wanted more than a historically iconic image of the movie star: “ What I wanted from Marilyn Monroe was the nudes because I couldn’t think of anything to put on her.” In his book ‘The Last Sitting’, Bert Stern commented, “ I was preparing for Marilyn’s arrival like a lover, and yet I was here to take photographs. Not to take her in my arms, but to turn her into tones, and planes, and shapes, and ultimately an image for the printed page.”
The signed photograph is professionally framed and matted.The photograph comes with a free certification of authenticity and $10,000.00 insurance value.
Appraisal Value: $10,000.00
Our Price: $3,995.00
Specifications of Piece
|Title:||Marilyn Morning Bed Set|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.