American Silver Eagle coins are the best-selling silver coins in the world, but 2020 brought with it a new spike in demand that resulted from a global pandemic that shocked stock markets across the globe. With demand for the 2020 Silver Eagle on the rise, the US Mint produced an emergency issue of 2020 American Silver Eagle coins at the Philadelphia Mint to fill the void. Right now, 2020 (P) 1 oz American Silver Eagle Coins are available to purchase online from APR 57 in perfect condition.
- Arrives with the protective plastic slab of the PCGS!
- 35th coin from the American Silver Eagle release!
- Limited availability of certified perfect coins!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Comes with a First Strike designation.
- The obverse bears the image of Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse side is a depiction of the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Emergency Issue Silver Eagles from the Philadelphia Mint!
Each 2020 (P) 1 oz American Silver Eagle coin in this product listing is available to you in perfect condition. The PCGS assigns a Mint State 70 certification to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind visible on the design elements or surface areas. The included First Strike designation means the coins were received for grading within the first 30 days of release from the Philadelphia Mint.
Over the course of two weeks in April 2020, the Philadelphia Mint provided emergency production capacity to help supplement the need for more 2020 American Silver Eagles. The West Point Mint had shut down from April 15th to April 21st as a result of the pandemic and had already implemented staffing reductions to keep employees safe, making it more difficult to produce enough coins to keep up with demand.
The obverse side of 2020 (P) 1 oz American Silver Eagle Coins comes with the design of Walking Liberty. In this design, Liberty walks from right to left across the coins design field as she moves toward the sun on the horizon. The sun is featured cresting near a mountain peak. Liberty carries the branches of oak and laurel in her left hand as she wears the American flag over her shoulders.
On the reverse face of the 2020 1 oz American Silver Eagle coin, you will find the modern depiction of the heraldic eagle of the United States. This iconic design was modified in 1986 for use in this series by John Mercanti. It includes the American bald eagle with the US national shield, arrows of war, and olive branch of peace.
If you have any questions, please contact APR 57. You can reach our customer service team on the phone at 212-246-2000, on the web using our live chat, and via our email address.