This is a gorgeous 20th century circa 1929 painting. The women is in an orange dress with a a large dark brown string-like bow on the left side of the waist and a blue decoration on the top left of the dress. She is also wearing a very long and folded white pearl necklace and a bangle and has brown hair. The hairstyle and clothing are reminiscent of the style of the time. The woman is holding a yellow cockatoo up on the back of her hand and smiling widely while looking up at it. There is another yellow cockatoo in mid-flight in front of her. She is in front of a tree with blue branches and pink leaves with blue shadows.
This painting is by Jean Harper. It is made with aquatint, a type of tonal etching using a powdered resin and copper plate, and watercolor on paper in a Boudoir style with French influence. The painting is surrounded by a beige frame with golden decorations. The artist's signature is on the bottom right in pencil and blue watercolor paint. Underneath the name is the word Paris in pencil and the year 1929 in blue watercolor paint. He is quoted in an article from the Louis Icart Gallery as painting so many boudoir paintings that he became a symbol of the style and period. Many paintings by other artists of the style were often attributed to him as a result.
Jean Hardy is presumed to have been a French illustrator and etcher highly active and productive during the Art Deco movement. Despite the fact that almost nothing is know about the artist himself, his works have been reproduced as posters and prints for decades -- a testament to the timelessly chic nature of his compositions.
Appraisal Value: $20,000.00
Our Price: $9,990.00
Specifications of Painting
|Frame Material:||Plaster Over Wood|
|Frame Color:||Beige with Gold Decorations|
|Dimensions with Frame:||Approximately 21.75" Wide, 24.75" High|
|Dimensions without Frame:||Approximately 17.5" Wide, 20.5" High|
|Condition:||Very Fine Overall|
|Signed:||Name on Bottom Right Corner Signed "J. Hardy" with “Paris 1929” underneath in pencil and watercolor paint|
. Shipping all around the world.
. International Shipping
. Items will be shipped by UPS/Fedex/USPS on the same or next business day of receiving full payment.
. Tracking number will be provided based on the shipping.
. Since we are wholesalers, all items are subject unsold.
.We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
. We always try to ship immediately on the same or next business day upon receiving full payment and information is verified.
Why Buy From Us?
1. In our 30 years of business, we have been featured in and adviser to the Wall Street Journal, Time-Out New York, CNBC, and multiple radio stations in NYC and around the world!
2. We have over 30,000 watches in stock - The largest collection in the world! This includes both Brand New and Limited Edition watches from the last 20 years, as well as Rare, Vintage, Collectible watches that are up to 100 years old!
3. Our Brand New 4,000 square foot Gallery is located on the prestigious 57th St in New York City directly across from the world famous Carnegie Hall, The Russian Tea Room, The Art Students League, and the Brand New $1 Billion Nordstrom Flagship stores.
4. We accept payment by multiple methods including cash, bank wire, check (subject to clearing), credit card, etc.
5. We also offer layaways and accept trade ins and exchanges.
6. Unless otherwise specified, each of our items comes with:
- a FREE lifetime guarantee certificate and a FREE certified insurance appraisal for the typical replacement value.
- Most of our watches are in Brand New, or in Brand New Condition and typically come with their original box.
- Because all of our watches are guaranteed to be working perfectly at the time of sale, we offer a FREE 2-year international guarantee on all mechanical parts and labor.